This past weekend the southern chapter of the HOV (a group of friends from my single days who still live in the south) got together for a few days in the Georgia mountains. A sweet neighbor of mine lent us the use of her mountain home, thank you Susan!! Evan, Emma and I had a nice weekend away as James studied for finals.
Katherine and Lisa were able to join us Friday evening. Lisa, who is expecting a baby girl in August enjoyed a mini baby shower that evening.
Saturday we spent an afternoon at Amicalola Falls state park. It had rained in the morning so the sky was pleasantly overcast and everything was wet and fresh. Katherine had just gotten a nice camera so she became the official photographer. So all of the great photos are credited to her.
Sunday we attended the Ellijay branch for church. We were all planning on leaving after sacrament meeting because Lisa and Katherine were going to head home. Well when the time came we were walking out the door and Evan flat out refused. He wanted to go to nursery. So Evan, Emma and I stayed and Evan made a new friend in nursery.
Monday we tried to go to a petting farm but we found out that it is only open during apple season, September -November. In case you didn't know, North Georgia is rich with apple orchards. The town of Ellijay (where we were staying) is home of the Georgia apple festival. Evan and I were really disappointed that the farm wasn't open. I had been talking all morning about all of the animals we were going to see. So we had to settle for a park instead.
We were planning on returning home Tuesday afternoon but we decided to go home Monday night and surprise daddy. He had been missing us really bad.
Well we hope you enjoy the pictures.
A groggy mommy and a perfectly awake Evan feeding the deer first thing in the morning. We would put corn just outside the kitchen and within a ten minutes six or seven deer were munching away. Evan and Emma just loved watching the deer and the squirrels and the birds.
How cute is that! Evan enjoyed us spiking his hair and hamming it up for the camera.
Emma is so sweet.
2 comments:
I wish I could have been there. I miss all of ya'll sometimes.
PS...I love the top 10 things of eternal importance. YOu are son enlightened. ;)
Looks like fun! The pictures are great. Boy, does that red hair stand out in all of that green!
Post a Comment