Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Open the door mommy

So a funny thing happened today.  Evan and Emma have recently been introduced to gum and they LOVE IT!!!  To my surprise they actually handle it quite well.  We have a rule that they only get one piece a day so they take very good care of that one piece.

Well today not long after Evan was presented with his one piece he accidentally swallowed it.  He was just devastated.  He kept and kept and kept asking for more gum.  But being the mean mother that I am I would not cave to the one piece a day rule.

So then his little mind began to think of other ways he could get his piece of gum back.  He walks up to me with this frantic look in his eyes, lifts up his shirt, points to his belly button and insists that I open the door.  "Open the door, open the door mommy, I want gum out."  How could I not chuckle at such a innocent and thoughtful request.

Sorry Buddy, that door is closed for good.

3 comments:

Julina said...

That's hilarious! So cute! I love kids! :)

Jenni S said...

I'm SO excited you have a blog so I can keep in touch. I noticed you are going private sometime and I'd love to be invited! My e-mail is jennisimmonsmail@gmail.com. Your family is so sweet. I love all of the fun things you all do to keep life exciting and fun. So cute.

Supershepherds said...

So funny. The things they think of!