We took a spontaneous trip to the Simply Southern Jubilee Bluegrass and BBQ in Jonesboro, GA. It was a small southern festival to raise money for Special Olympics and the Nash Farm and Civil war battlefield.
The highlight of the trip was the pig racing. That's right I said pig racing. Okay so it wasn't a serious, taking all bets race. Mostly it was just a side show. But it was still fun. Evan and Emma loved seeing the pigs. They have seen horses, goats, cows, chickens, but they had not yet experienced pigs. It was all they could talk about.
This is a beautiful quilt the local quilting guild was raffling off. I just LOVED it but no I did not buy a ticket. Mom I know you are going nuts over this quilt.
Then we listened to some live music on the lawn and ate BBQ. The kids had a great time running around. The picture of Evan is him trying to throw a ball up. He has a great arm when he is throwing a ball forward but when he is throwing it up he mostly just jumps and the ball falls behind him. So fun.
We also saw the civil war reinactors camp set up. In the past I have thought it was funny that the southern natives get SO caught up into reliving the Civil war. I do however appreciate their love of their heritage and history. It was interesting to see some of the facts that they had posted about this particular field. There was one fact about a woman who was nursing the injured so close to the fighting that a shot was fired that grazed her arm and killed the man she was working on. Now that is dedication.
It was a fantastic day for an outing. The day was beautiful, the perfect temperature. The only thing that would have made it better is if Daddy could have joined us. We love you daddy and appreciate the sacrifices you make in order to provide for us.
2 comments:
I am so bummed that we couldn't go. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun.
I miss the fun local festivals down south. Bummer James could have fun too. He's a trooper!
Post a Comment