Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Our sweet Emma Lou is Two

Together July 2009 041

Two years plus nine months ago I knew I was pregnant and I knew we were going to have a girl.  I didn't need to have the  ultrasound confirmation.  I knew.  And although I had always liked the name Emma as surely as I knew I was going to have a girl I knew that her name was supposed to be Emma.

I loved my pregnancy with her.  Since I had a miscarriage prior to Evan, my pregnancy with him was over shadowed with the feeling that something might go wrong.  With Emma I felt more relaxed and could enjoy the experience more.

Since Emma was delivered by a scheduled C-Section I do not have a exciting labor story to tell.  Although something went wrong with the epidural and I did feel a good portion of the c-section. 

Birth and Blessing 322 EDBW Birth and Blessing 049 B Emma 4-7 months 022 ED Emma's arrival 075 ED together 2063 Emma is such a love bug.  She loves to cuddle and her favorite spot has always been curled in a ball and held against my chest.  She loves to clean and organize.  She is very patient and thoughtful.  We love our sweet Emma.

Happy Birthday Emma Lou!!

Together July 2009 036

2 comments:

Supershepherds said...

Happy Birthday Emma. You are a cutie!

Amy & Greg said...

She is so cute. I don't think I realized that you have red-heads! Ah, Elizabeth. You are so lucky!