Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Channeling the inner farm girl

Ol' Ms Thompson had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.

And on that farm she had some chickens, E-I-E-I-O

Though I have always felt a fondness to country living I never thought I would actually live that lifestyle.  Well this week we welcomed our first farm animals into our family.  We now have two black barred rock chicks.  It will be a few weeks before we know if they are hens or roosters.  We are hoping for one of each.  We are having so much fun getting to know our little chicks.

Together June 2009 224 Together June 2009 229 Together June 2009 230

Together June 2009 232 Together June 2009 234 Together June 2009 226

3 comments:

Jenni S said...

How fun! We really want to get chickens within the next couple of years. They're so cute. Looks like your kids are loving it.

Nancy said...

Hey Elizabeth- thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I'm glad to see yours. I, too would love to catch up some time. You have the cutest family!
Nancy Scheibe Anderson

Mothership said...

I'm sorry that you lost them! I'll be the kids are especially heart broken. :(