Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Family & Friends

 

Together June 2009 010

The beginning of June held a wonderful trip to Utah and Idaho to take part in my younger sister's wedding.  It was such a fun and relaxing trip.  We took a few extra days to visit a few friends in Utah.  It was SO great to see you Shepherds, Cutlers and Aunt Lenore.  We love you!

We had a very special day celebrating Evan's 3rd birthday.  We began the day taking the light rail train up to downtown Salt Lake City.  Let me tell you the kids would have been happy to ride the train all day.

Together June 2009 020 Together June 2009 019

Then we had a great time discovering Temple Square.  What an amazingly beautiful place.  It was a lot of fun for me to see how the gardens have grown and evolved.  I was also able to say hello to one of my former supervisors. 

Together June 2009 024 Together June 2009 028 Together June 2009 033

Together June 2009 032 Together June 2009 040

The pictures you see that look like a meadow are actually part of the native planting on top of the General Conference Center building.  This was one of the gardens I had the opportunity to help plant when I worked on the grounds crew at Temple Square.  What an amazing transformation has taken place in the last seven years.   

 Together June 2009 044 Together June 2009 051

  Together June 2009 054 Together June 2009 065

Together June 2009 069

Together June 2009 070 Together June 2009 021 Together June 2009 015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBY!! 

Together June 2009 074

2 comments:

Mothership said...

So sweet! I saw the meadow garden in early spring--when things were just thinking about turning green. It was beautiful even then. I'd love to catch it at it's peak!

I can never get enough of what the Church has done to the grounds for which they are responsible. So beautiful.

Your kids have beautiful hair! (:

Glad you had a good trip.

emilyw said...

So very cute! This looks like such a fun trip! Creating awesome memories... Your pictures are fabulous!