Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2008

What have I done?

Let my first words be "I hate it!" (see below)

Together 2008 July 094

Until now my world did not include hair clippers or boy's hair cuts.  Poor Evan is taking the brunt of my being introduced to these two things.  Ever since Evan was born he has had a tuft of red hair that pointed down his forehead, until now.  I would have cried had I not been trying to not freak Evan out about loosing his hair.

Now there are many reasons Evan's hair ended up like this.  Evan inherited some amazing hair issues from his father, a cowlick that doesn't quit, the front lays perfectly flat to his head and everything else stands on end until it is well over two inches long.   There is no styling this hair.  It does what it wants.  You can see what James has resorted to to deal with these issues.  Yep, he shaves his head.  He keeps telling me to just give in and do the same to Evan.  I have insisted that my little boy is going to have hair.  Especially Evan's beautiful copper colored hair.

Well I decided that I would get Evan's hair cut short for the summer because he gets so hot.  I paid for several haircuts that always turned out a little goofy.  I also felt that there really wasn't much to taking the clippers to a boys head and that if I did some experimenting I could figure it out and save some money.

As this hair cut progressed Evan got more tired and more frustrated with the hair clippings falling in his face and itching his neck.  I all I could thing to do was get it to some point that it would look fairly decent.  Well this is where it ended up.  Okay it is going to take A LOT of practice.   I am not giving up yet though.  As soon as it starts cooling down we will be growing his hair out and starting over.

5 comments:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Wow, that's quite a change.

Julina said...

Evan looks a little like Michael did when he was that age. It's very different, but he's still a cutie! :)

spunkymom said...

I am so sorry that I have not been able to talk to you all alot lately. Life has taken a turn for the abnormally busy phase. Sam is now 16 and I am running, running, running. Just wanted to let you know I love you and think about you often.

Love,

Aimee

emilyw said...

I really mean it when I say I like his hair! I think it makes him look like a little man - don't know if that's good in your eyes. But I think he looks great!

Supershepherds said...

It's cute, plus it always grows back. Of course, I don't even like getting my own hair cut so just tell me to hush.