In my opinion there is little better than a perfectly ripe, sweet and juicy peach. Surely there will be peaches in heaven because to me a good peach is divine.
When I was a young girl my family took a trip to southwestern Colorado. Ever since then I have been searching for peaches like we found that summer. I was sure they could only be found in Colorado. Since I have not lived in Colorado for many, many years these peaches have only existed in my memories. They were perfect. The size of baseballs, these peaches emitted the sweetest aroma. They were the perfect firmness and were delectably sweet and juicy.
Recently, to my delight I was drawn to a roadside produce stand where I found what looked to be peaches like I remembered. I was hesitant. I have had many peaches since that trip that have just not measured up. But I could not resist the possibility of reliving that memory. So I purchased twenty. Not fully ripe my anticipation grew as I awaited the firm flesh to soften. The day arrived and these South Carolina peaches met my every expectation. A little bite of heaven.
1 comment:
I agree!!! These peaches are divine! Thanks for helping me to get some. They are absolutely the best.
Post a Comment