Mondays may become our official hike at Sweetwater creek park day. Okay, so we have only done this one Monday but it was such a great time. James happened to be home and rested and the weather was cool but nice so we decided to go. Evan and Emma had a great time looking for "treasures", Nana would be so proud. We looked at moss, ferns, lichen, bugs, rocks, trees. I don't know how far we walked but the little ones kept up pretty well. We ended up carrying Emma on our shoulders on the return trip. Evan almost made it all the way back to the parking lot. He had a great time but he was tuckered out.
I found some dress-up necklaces the other day. They have become the toy of choice so you see lots of pictures of Emma and Evan wearing them. Cross dressing is okay at this age, right?
Looking for treasures
Daddy giving Evan rock skipping lessons. On this throw the rock skipped six times nearly all the way to the opposite bank. Mommy was very impressed.
Good times!!
HOMEMADE TUNNELS
On colder days I really struggle coming up with activities to keep the kids from getting too stir crazy. In a good moment I built a very simple tunnel system. It took a little while to convince Emma that the fun was in crawling through it rather than jumping on top of it.
Finally I found a good use for the pile of clean clothes piled on my couch, anchoring system for said tunnel structure.
Pure delight
Okay, so Emma wasn't the only one with climbing on top of the tunnel issues. Now if mommy didn't get frustrated continually fixing the "tunnel", Evan and Emma probably enjoyed sinking down on the blanket just as much as crawling through.
SWEET RIDES
The tricycles have been a huge hit. I am sure they will be loved even more when the kids actually figure out the whole peddling thing. Evan is wearing the toes out of his shoes from pushing himself around. His legs are a little long so he looks kind of funny, but he loves the mobility.
I Love my family!
1 comment:
Your family is so sweet! And, yes, crossdressing is ok at that age! ;)
Post a Comment